Credit Unions of PEI want you to discover more of the Island!
Whether you're from the island or from away, it doesn't matter how long your stay, Credit Union wants to help you along the way!
That's why we have hidden 40 pods from tip to tip and everywhere in between. Each pod is loaded with a weekend pass to SunDaze Festival!
Oh... Did we forget to mention that you could also win $1,000? Our bad!
The Credit Union Loot Pursuit is an island-wide scavenger hunt designed to get you outdoors and exploring the island - with $1,000 on the line, and guaranteed weekend pass to SunDaze Music & Art Festival, Loot Pursuit is a can't miss summer event.
Loot Pursuit runs from July 29th to August 22nd, 2019. The $1,000 CASH will be drawn on-site at SunDaze Festival on Saturday, August 24th. In order to win contestants must be in attendance.
Think of it as geoCASHing. There are 40 clues listed on this website along with a map of the general locations our pods. Once you crack the riddles, you’ll need to go out and look for our pod. We have pods hidden from tip-to-tip on the island, so whether you’re looking for something close to home, or seeking an adventure, there will be tons of hidden gems for you to discover.
When you find the pod, unscrew the top to find a script with special instructions on how to enter the contest.
Each pod is equal to one entry into our grand $1,000 jackpot draw. So, the more pods you find, the more likely you are to win the jackpot. For additional entries, you can also post a photo with your pod on your social media pages (be sure to tag us!). Each social media post gets you one additional entry in the draw.
Well, they’re pods. They’re small, hidden, and sport the Loot Pursuit logo. Once you find one, unscrew the top. Inside, you’ll find a script with a unique pin and QR code. The script will include how to enter the contest, and what you can do for bonus entries.
Put your thinking caps on, and turn on the car, this adventure will take you near and far.
To gain insight as to where these pods may be, check out our heat map of PEI. This will be updated on a weekly basis once pods start being collected.
Use the clues, and see how well you can do.
The Credit Union wants you to have as much fun as possible. Here are some additional things to consider bringing on your adventure:
Now that you know what you need to bring, scroll below for the clues!
1. The North Western tip houses many windmills, visiting this spot may be quite the thrill. Park your car and begin to march. Stop here to learn about the marsh. LOCATED
2. Here is the church, and here is the steeple. To find me really shouldn’t be too painful. Look for a mini me, it won’t be hard to see. LOCATED
3. Just off the trail is where I stay. You could come for a scenic walk, or bring the kids to play. Stop here for a rest, to find me you shouldn’t be stressed.
4. Off of the Northport Pier there’s a beautiful view. Take a closer look! LOCATED
5. After a visit to the museum of potatoes look for a seat the colour of a tomato. LOCATED
6. I live near the West Point Lighthouse, but really prefer the beach. I provide support to the sand so that the beach remains a beautiful land. LOCATED
7. I'm resting in the shade, so look for me, for near the interpretative centre is where I'll be. LOCATED
8. Behind the path of forefathers you'll be able to find me at last.
9. Where I live is somewhere you used to go to adjust your credit union passbook, now, you come to see many, many books – take a look!
10. "Hey, diddle, diddle, The cat and the fiddle, The cow jumped over the moon"; catch me at a blue building playing an Acadian tune. LOCATED
11. At this park you can do it all. From fishing, to biking, it’s your call. Look for a spot off on its own. Where I live the birds are surely flown. LOCATED
12. Vive l’acadie! The view from here is like heaven, look for me along route eleven. You can park here to visit the beach or grab a lobster to eat. LOCATED
13. I used to fly way up in the sky. But now, a park is where I lie. It’s not hard to find me, I go by Argus not voodoo nor tracker. LOCATED
14. It all happens here! From sports and entertainment, people travel far and near. Watch out for me next time you’re walking the track, where I’m hidden supports your back.
15. Hidden off Mackenzie Drive, there’s lots to see and do. Find a place with a view – who knows? You might learn something too! LOCATED
16. While you’re waiting for your dessert or main, look over your shoulder, towards the train. Along the tracks, I’m hidden within the cracks. Look down low, I’m in a place you may not know. LOCATED
17. Established in 1902 this musical church always gives you something to do. Don’t forget to search outside there’s a bright spot to sit. LOCATED
18. On your way back from the famous teacup, I’ll tell you to stop. LOCATED
19. I'm one of three, I'm bright so ships can see.
20. Guiding the waters of Lucy Maud Montgomery's birthplace. There's a path for you to take so that your feet won't ache. I'm hidden where someone might keep a welcome mat.
21. Running over the Stanley River, jumping in the water may make you shiver. I help you climb so you can avoid the grime. But don't forget to look so you can find me in time. LOCATED
22. Used to guide sailors in from the sea, I was able to dock my ship for all to see. Hidden just near a trap, you'll be able to find me in a snap.
23. At the spot where I nest, we have the best selection on PEI - I can attest. I'm hidden just behind something heavy and nautical. It's not exotical, just aquatical. LOCATED
24. You can look any WITCH way you like. Whether you're walking or riding a bike. Make sure to look closely as you cross the stream.
25. riverside rippers ride through here. Walk through the closed road sign and you’re in the clear.
26. Don’t waste any study time looking for this one. The clock is ticking… LOCATED
27. An important part of military history rests at Victoria Park for all to see. Cover your ears, for it’s loud enough for the whole city to hear. LOCATED
28. This pod is among forever love and it’s yours to unlock. LOCATED
29. Take me out to the TEAball game, where I can swim, play cricket and practice my aim. Look for me where you keep score, don't worry, finding me won't be a chore. LOCATED
30. Ahoy! Lighthouse ahead! Just look starboard and you'll find where I'm stored. Check out my wheel, and it'll be a done-deal. LOCATED
31. Pier Number One was where a train started to run. Once you’re here your search will be done. LOCATED
32. Think of a job description for a beaver. To find this spot must mean you’re eager. Once a supplier of power now you can stop and fish for an hour. Look for me near some trees, but watch your step, please!
33. After stopping in to pay your bills, hop over to see what places on the island will give you thrills. Before you begin your quest, have a seat and give your feet a rest. LOCATED
34. A spot where texts are on loan. Whether you’re young or grown. It is known for its size, but you may pass it many times. For its smaller than one may expect, so pack your specs. LOCATED
35. A great place to admire the view and have a picnic. Where I’m hidden is a bit of a trick. You may need to look from down to up, and side to side. This a good place for a groom and bride. Find me, I’m not trying to hide! LOCATED
36. I'm near a beautiful lighthouse that was built in 1853, where I'm hidden has a close-up view of the sea. Bowline, Reef, and Figure Eight, come and find me - don't wait!
37. Look ten paces from where the eagle has landed. Down low where my prey might be stranded. Here I’m protected from rain, snow, or sleet. Find me and I’m yours to keep. LOCATED
38. Be on the lookout at the waterfront. Not at a shop or on the sand, think of a place you don’t need to stand. A spot to relax and take a rest, finding me shouldn’t be a test. LOCATED
39. From tip to tip I used to carry, until my services were no longer necessary. My route ended here, at 273. Once you find your loot, you’ll be worry-free.
40. While at the Eastern Coast, sit down and make a toast. You’ve just passed the end of the world. Here’s your fresh start – you can find this, you’re smart! LOCATED
Congratulations! You're one step closer to an extra $1,000 in your pocket. Want to increase your chances of winning the cash? Upload a photo of your pod in action and be sure to tag us in the social media post for an additional entry.
PEI CREDIT UNIONS LOOT PURSUIT (“CONTEST”)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (“RULES”)
1. The Contest starts at 9 am ADT on August 1, 2019 and closes on August 24, 2019 at midnight ADT (the “Contest Period”). There is one (1) prize to be won.
2. No purchase necessary to enter. Void where prohibited.
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, eligible entrants (“Entrant”) must be a legal resident of Canada, must be 18 years or older, and must be available to participate in person on August 24th at the Draw held at the SunDaze Music Festival in Charlottetown, PE.
4. During the Contest Entry Period commencing at 9 am ADT on August 1, 2019 and ending at midnight ADT on August 21, 2019 (“Contest Entry Period”), Entrants must find an official Loot Pursuit Pod (“Pod”) and complete the online entry form contained within and enter the valid PIN to be entered into the Draw (“Entry”). A unique QR code link to this online entry form is provided inside each Pod.
5. 40 Pods will be hidden across PEI for Entrants to find during the Contest Entry Period.
6. Each Pod and valid PIN can only be redeemed once.
7. There is no limit to the number of Pods an Entrant can find and redeem during the Contest Entry Period.
8. For each Pod found, the Entrant will be awarded one (1) Entry into the Draw and one (1) ticket to SunDaze Music and Arts Festival at Confederation Landing Park in Charlottetown to attend the Draw.
9. A maximum of one (1) additional Entry into the Draw will be awarded to each Entrant who posts a picture of their Pod on an approved social media channel using the designated specifications and features (“Social Media Entry”), so long as it can be verified to PEI Credit Unions’ satisfaction.
10. There is one (1) prize of One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) cash available to be won through the Contest (“Prize”). The Prize will be awarded in full on the day of the Draw to a Entrant that will be drawn at random. The draw will happen at SunDaze Music and Arts Festival on August 24, 2019. In order to be awarded the Prize, the Entrant must be onsite and able to accept in person. The Prize must be accepted as awarded. The draw made by PEI Credit Unions shall be final.
11. By entering this Contest the Entrants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of PEI Credit Unions with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all Entrants and Entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
12. Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Illegible entries are ineligible. Entrants will be selected from the submitted entries at random in order to conclude a winner.
13. Entrants assume any and all liability and responsibilities arising from, caused by or in any way connected with the Credit Union Loot Pursuit.
14. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest providers (PEI Credit Unions), its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators are ineligible to enter.
15. Entrants agree not to violate any criminal or civil law while participating in the Contest. Any Entrant who is found by PEI Credit Unions to have broken any criminal or civil law while participating in the Contest will be immediately disqualified from the Contest.
16. All entries become property of PEI Credit Unions who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
17. If for any reason, in the opinion of the PEI Credit Unions in their discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected by causes beyond their control, PEI Credit Unions reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest.
18. PEI Credit Unions reserve their rights to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof.
19. PEI Credit Unions reserve their rights, in their discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner.
20. PEI Credit Unions shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest.
21. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, these Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
22. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, photographs, video, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by PEI Credit Unions and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.